Daily News Egypt

Sinai bombings suspect surrenders - Daily News Egypt

Advertising Area




Advertising Area




Sinai bombings suspect surrenders

CAIRO: A suspect in the deadly bombings at the Red Sea resort of Dahab last month has surrendered to security forces in North Sinai, the Egyptian press reported Saturday. Mohammed Khidr Sallam Shenub, 26, a resident of the central Sinai region, gave himself up on Friday, just a day after police released his 47-year-old brother …


CAIRO: A suspect in the deadly bombings at the Red Sea resort of Dahab last month has surrendered to security forces in North Sinai, the Egyptian press reported Saturday. Mohammed Khidr Sallam Shenub, 26, a resident of the central Sinai region, gave himself up on Friday, just a day after police released his 47-year-old brother Ouda, the press said. Ouda was detained on May 18 in connection with the April 24 triple suicide attacks that left 20 people dead. Prosecutors ordered him to be released for lack of evidence linking him to the bombings. This reportedly encouraged his younger brother to turn himself in, the press said, quoting security officials. The interior ministry has blamed a group called the Tawhid wal Jihad (Unification and Holy War) for a string of bombings in resorts on the Red Sea coast of the Sinai peninsula over the past two years. Seven suspects, including the leader of the Islamist group, have already been killed by security forces and 23 are currently in detention. Police are still searching for five suspects. -AFP

Topics: Investment

Advertising Area



https://dailyfeed.dailynewsegypt.com/2006/05/29/sinai-bombings-suspect-surrenders/
Breaking News

No current breaking news

Receive our daily newsletter
Subscribe