Cairo: Egypt and Tottenham striker Ahmed Hossam Mido is reportedly among several targets on Manchester City s shopping list, BBC sport said.
The 23-year-old international is sought by City manager Stuart Pearce, who wants to reinforce his attacking options in January, added the Wednesday s unsourced report.
Mido finds life difficult at White Hart Lane this season after going down the pecking order to the likes of Dimitar Berbatov, Robbie Keane and Jermain Defoe.
He started only five league games, scoring only one goal as he has been nursing a recurring groin injury for long periods.
Pearce admitted in an earlier statement that he eyes bolstering his squad during the transfer window but didn t reveal who his potential targets are.
We re chasing countless players, the Chief Executive s been double busy on my behalf, when I ve not been on the phone, he was quoted as saying by City s official website.
There have been times where I ve given him a list of maybe 10 players and asked him to call the clubs to find out exactly what valuation there is on those players for me.
According to BBC Sport, Spurs would want a fee of about £3m for Mido, who joined Spurs last summer from Roma on a permanent basis.
The Mirror reported earlier in January that Tottenham coach Martin Jol is ready to sell Mido s contract if a suitable offer was tabled after the player was a part of many rows within the team.
Mido denied any rifts and told FilGoal.com from London after the Mirror s report that he is staying with the North Londoners the rest of the season.