- Drink: Kharoub with karkadeh
- Salad: Coleslaw
- Main Course: Green wheat in the oven – Chicken with green and black olives
- Dessert : Filo pastry with nuts
- ½ kg chicken fillet – so-door fi-rakh
- 2 tbsp garlic, crushed – toom
- 5 tbsp corn oil – zeit dor-a
- ¼ cup green olives, pitted – zei-toon akh-dar
- ¼ cup black olives, pitted – zei-toon is-wid
- Cheddar cheese slices – gib-na tsi-dar
- Wash the chicken fillet well and let it dry.
- Chop the green and the black olives in the food processor until it turns into a paste.
- Arrange the chicken filets on a clean surface. Cover the filet with a layer of crushed garlic. Add a layer of olive paste and add a slice of Cheddar cheese on top.
- Roll up the filets lengthwise and secure the ends with a toothpick.
- Pour the oil in a non-stick skillet and heat on high heat. Fry the chicken filet rolls quickly until all sides are golden.
- Heat oven to 175C. Place the chicken filet rolls in a non-stick baking dish and leave to bake for 15 minutes or until cooked well.
- Place the rolls on a serving dish and serve immediately.
There is no need to add any salt to this dish, the olives and cheddar cheese are providing enough salt to ensure a savoury dish.