- 400 g chicken, boneless, cut into medium pieces – firakh
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped – bar-doo-nis
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated – bar-me-sjan
- 4 tbsp sunflower oil – zeit ab-bad el shams
- 1\2 tsp garlic, crushed – toom
- 1\2 cup breadcrumbs – bo-so-mat
- 3\4 cup rice – roz
- 2 spring onions, chopped – ba-sal akh-dar
- salt and pepper – malh and fil-fil
- Wash the rice thoroughly and drain. Bring water to a boil in a deep pan. Add the rice and boil until the rice is tender. Drain and set aside.
- Place the chicken, onions, garlic, breadcrumbs, cheese, parsley, salt and pepper in a food processor. Process until all the ingredients are chopped fine and well mixed.
- Add the chicken mixture to a large bowl. Add the rice and stir to mix well. Shape portions of the mixture into finger size rectangles.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the kofta fingers and fry on all sides until golden. Serve immediately.
It is possible to prepare the kofta in the oven instead of frying them in oil. Heat the oven to 175C. Place the kofta in a non-stick, metal baking pan and turn the kofta frequently until all sides are golden.