- 2 tbsp lemon juice – a-seer li-moon
- 1 cup of butter, or margarine – zeb-da or sam-na
- 1 tsp salt – malh
- 3 cups flour – di’-ee’
- 1 tsp baking powder – ba-king pow-der
- 1 tsp vanilla – va-nil-ya
- 1 cup sugar – su-kar
- 3 eggs, beaten – beid
- 2 tbsp lemon peel, grated – ashr li-moon
- Preheat the oven to 190C. In a medium bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix the butter and sugar with a handmixer on medium speed until smooth. Add the lemon peel, lemon juice, eggs and vanilla and mix at low speed for 15 seconds.
- Add the flour mixture gradually and mix at low speed for one minute until well blended.
- Move the dough to a plastic bowl and knead with your hands for about two minutes.
- Butter a baking sheet. Shape the dough into round biscuits (4cm in diameter and 2cm thick). Arrange biscuits on baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until the edges of the biscuits turn golden. Make sure to not leave the biscuits in too long, they should not turn brown.
- Take the biscuits out of the oven and leave to cool for 20 minutes before removing from the baking sheet.
When arranging the biscuits on the baking sheet, leave 3cm between each biscuit to allow space for them to increase in volume during baking.