- 1/2 kg black beans – bi-sa-ra
- 3 bunches coriander – koz-ba-ra
- 3 bunches parsley – ba’-doo-nis
- 4 garlic cloves – tom
- 4 onions, minced – ba-sal
- dry mint leaves – ne’-na’
- 2 chicken stock cubes – ma-gi fe-rakh
- 4 cups water – may-ya
- Clean and wash the beans. Put the beans and water in a deep pan on a medium heat until they boil. Add the stock cubes, garlic, coriander, onions, and parsley. Leave to boil until beans are cooked.
- Add the mint leaves right before the beans are fully cooked. Remove from heat and leave to cool.
- Pour the content of the pan in a blender and blend until a puree is formed. Divide the bisara over small serving plates. This plate can be served both hot or cold.
The bisara has the texture of a thick soup when it is hot. It becomes firmer, like rice pudding, when you leave it to cool.