- 1/2 kg minced meat – lah-ma maf-roo-ma
- 1 kg potatoes – ba-ta-tes
- 2 onions, chopped – ba-sal
- 3 tomatoes – ta-ma-tam
- tomato paste – sal-set ta-ma-tam
- salt and pepper – malh and fel-fel
- oil – zeit
Preparing minced meat stuffing
- Heat two tablespoons of oil in a pan. Stir in one onion until yellow. Add the minced meat and stir well, season with salt and pepper. Cover the pan and leave to cook.
- Blend the tomatoes in a blender with 1/2 cup of water. Dissolve the tomato paste in a cup of water.
- Heat two tablespoons of oil in a saucepan. Add the second onion, stirring well until golden brown. Add the blended tomatoes and tomato paste and salt and pepper. Leave to simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Peel the potatoes and cut out the inside. Fry the potatoes in oil until golden and then fry insides that you took out.
- Heat the oven to 180C.
- Stuff each potato with about one tablespoon of meat stuffing.
- In a baking dish, arrange the inside parts of potatoes at bottom of the dish. Arrange the stuffed potatoes on top of the insides, facing upwards.
- Pour the tomato sauce over the stuffed potatoes. Place the dish in the oven and bake for half an hour.
- Serve while hot in the same dish.