Soup: Cauliflower soup
Salad: Carrot salad with feta cheese
Appetiser: Chicken Kiev
Main course: Mexican pasta
Stuffed pigeons with freek
Dessert: Muffin with dates and apple
- 1/2 cup dates, chopped – ba-lah
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and finely chopped – toh-fah
- 1/2 cup sugar – suk-kar
- 1/2 cup milk – la-ban
- 2 cup flour – de-‘ee’
- 2 tsp butter, room temperature – zeb-da
- 2 tsp baking powder – bay-king pow-der
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar – va-nil-ya
- 1/2 tsp salt – malh
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon – er-fa
- 1/2 cup nuts, chopped – mo-ka-sa-rat
- 1 egg, beaten – beid
- Preheat the oven to 200C. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with paper muffin liners.
- Add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and butter to a bowl and stir well. Add the sugar.
- Mix the milk, egg and vanilla sugar in a small bowl. Add the dates and apple and mix well.
- Add the apple and date mixture to the flour and mix very well.
- Spoon the mixture into muffin cups and sprinkle the nuts on the top.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden and a toothpick inserted in the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.