Soup: Chicken soup
Salad: Cucumber salad with yogurt
Appetiser: Cheese sambousak
Main course: Meat rolls with eggs
Baked chicken breasts and potatoes
Freek with meat
Dessert: Marble cake
- 1 kg chicken breasts – so-door fe-rakh
- 1/2 kg potatoes, cut in thick slices – ba-ta-tes
- 2 tbsp garlic, crushed – tom
- ½ cup vegetable oil – zeit na-ba-ty
- 1/2 cup lemon juice – a-seer la-moon
- 1/2 cup water – may-ya
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon – er-fa
- 2 tbsp thyme – za-tar
- salt and pepper – malh and fel-fel
- Heat the oven on 180C.
- Wash the chicken breasts and put them in a large bowl.
- Add the potato slices, crushed garlic, cinnamon, thyme, pepper and salt. Mix well.
- Place the seasoned chicken breasts and potato slices in a baking pan; pour the lemon juice and the vegetable oil over the mixture. Cover the tray with aluminium foil.
- Bake in the oven at medium heat for about one hour or until the potatoes are well cooked.
- Once cooked remove the aluminium foil and put the pan back in the oven until the chicken turns golden.
- Serve immediately in the same pan or serving plate