Daily News Egypt

Rafah bombing claims the lives of six - Daily News Egypt

Advertising Area



Advertising Area



Rafah bombing claims the lives of six

The latest bombing also left 17 injured including seven civilians


Hamas policeman stands guard along the border with Egypt and the Palestinian territory on September 8, 2013 in the southern Gaza Strip city of Rafah. (AFP Photo)
Hamas policeman stands guard along the border with Egypt and the Palestinian territory on September 8, 2013 in the southern Gaza Strip city of Rafah.
(AFP Photo)

Deadly blasts in the Sinai Peninsula’s Rafah early Wednesday morning left six military men dead and 17 injured.

Military spokesperson, Colonel Ahmed Ali, in a statement said that the operation occurred at 8.45 am and comprised of two simultaneous attacks involving car bombs. One of the attacks targeted the military intelligence building and the other Al-Nafura Square.

The attack “targeted security personnel,” Ali said. He added that the operation was carried out by “Takfiri terrorists.” A Takfiri is a Muslim who accuses another Muslim of being an unbeliever or an apostate.

Among the 17 injured were 10 military men and seven civilians, three of whom were women.

Several buildings in the vicinity of the explosion were also damaged.

Deadly violence has surged throughout the restive peninsula for the past two months. Militants have repeatedly attacked security sites and checkpoints and security forces have responded with security campaigns. Earlier this week, the military described its current operation in Sinai as the “biggest military operation to purge Sinai of terrorism.”

Advertising Area



https://dailyfeed.dailynewsegypt.com/2013/09/11/rafah-bombing-claims-the-lives-of-six/
Breaking News

No current breaking news

Receive our daily newsletter
Subscribe