- 1 chicken – fe-rakh
- 1 kg potatoes, peeled and sliced – ba-ta-tes
- 1 onion, sliced – ba-sal
- 1 1/2 cup tomato juice – a-seer ta-ma-tem
- 2 tbsp margarine – sam-na
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped – tom
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced – ta-ma-tem
- salt and pepper – malh and fel-fel
- Heat the oven to 180C.
- Wash the chicken well and split it into quarters.
- Rub the margarine on the bottom of a metal baking dish and add the chicken. Top with the sliced onion and sprinkle with the garlic and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the slices of potato over and around chicken and top with the tomato.
- Pour the tomato juice equally over the dish and cook on the stove on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Move the baking dish to the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes until potatoes and chicken are cooked. Add more water if needed.
- Serve immediately in the same dish.
Add seasoning like cinnamon, curry or paprika to taste.