- 5 peeled Thai shrimps
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp tamarind juice
- 1 tbsp finely chopped shallot
- 1 tbsp salted turnip, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp roasted peanuts
- 50 grams palm sugar
- 10 grams dried shrimps
- 50 grams firm tofu, thinly sliced
- 150 grams thin noodles
- 100 grams bean sprouts
- 20 grams chives, cut in one inch lengths
- 1 egg
- ¼ lime
Soak the thin noodles for 5 minutes in water before cooking to soften.
Heat 1 tbsp of vegetable oil in a pan, fry the garlic and shallot, then add the thin noodles and sprinkle with water until the noodles are soft.
Add fish sauce, palm sugar, red pepper flakes and tamarind juice. Stir quickly to prevent the noodles from sticking together.
Heat another tbsp of oil and add the salted turnip, tofu, shrimps and dried shrimps. Mix together with the noodles and push to one side of the pan, leaving space to heat the remaining one tbsp of oil.
Crack the egg into the pan and spread thinly. Mix in the prepared noodles, add chives and bean sprouts. Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with roasted peanuts, squeeze in fresh lime juice, and garnish with the uncooked chives and bean sprouts.
- Add the cooking oil gradually.
- Constantly check the noodles whilst cooking. If they are still dry and hard, sprinkle with water or add more oil.