Two Egyptian workers were killed and four others were injured when a rocket hit a bakery in Benghazi on Saturday.
Heavy fighting between rival militias has engulfed the eastern Libyan port city over the past month, causing hundreds of deaths. Benghazi is now largely under the control of Islamist militias.
A medical official at the Benghazi medical centre told the Egyptian state news agency MENA that the injured Egyptian workers were taken to the Hawary hospital in Benghazi.
Libya’s stability and security has been tenuous since the toppling of former president Muammar Gaddafi. Events took a turn for the worse earlier this year and the country is now arguably in a state of civil war, with rival governmental authorities in Tripoli and Tobruk, and fierce fighting occurring daily across the country.
Thousands of people have fled the country since the summer, including hundreds of Egyptian nationals who were evacuated with the help of the Egyptian foreign ministry.
The Egyptian foreign ministry strongly condemned a recent car bomb attack on the vacated Egyptian embassy in Libya on Thursday, with no casualties reported. The statement said: “this was a clear violation of international laws and norms especially regarding the sanctity of diplomatic headquarters”.
In July, 23 Egyptian workers were killed in Tripoli after a rocket hit a building housing migrant workers. That same month, 15 Egyptians were shot at the border with Tunisia, as they attempted to flee the conflict in Libya.