The “Neda’a Masr” electoral is withdrawing from the second round of parliamentary elections, announced head of the collation Tarek Zidan in a press conference on Saturday.
On Friday the coalition outlined in an official statement the reasons for the withdrawal before the official announcement on Saturday.
“The Supreme Electoral committee was hesitant in making its decisions which is a sufficient reason for our withdrawal,” the statement said.
They the state’s support of the “For the Love of Egypt” list and its blind eye to all of its violations are also reasons for withdrawal, according to the list, especially in terms of expenditures which they claimed have reached an extraordinary level even during the voting silence period.
The statement reviewed a group of violations witnessed by the “For the Love of Egypt” list candidates, which were ignored by SEC members. It said the political funds flow during elections was very clear in that cities of Assiut, Sohag, Minya and Luxor without accountability.
Other violations were also witnessed during the first round, including that reports on votes sorting were not delivered to the SEC in constituencies of Osim, Warraq, and Imbaba to date.
Two other coalitions previously withdrew from the elections. On 11 September the “Sahwet Masr” list withdrew in objection to a number of SEC decisions. The “Independent Currant” also stepped back from the elections race on Tuesday, reportedly for believing there are no equal opportunities.