Saudi Arabia is “pushing towards the collapse of the ceasefire in Syria by supporting militants who fight Bashar Al-Assad”, Hezbollah general secretary Hassan Nasrallah said on Friday.
“On the battlefield, Saudi is backing every step in the escalation [of fighting] … and is working politically to thwart negotiations,” he said in a speech broadcast by Hezbollah-run Al-Manar TV.
Hezbollah is fighting in Syria alongside the regime troops against militants from the opposition.
The US-Russian backed ceasefire crumbled recently amid accusations from both sides of escalating the situation.
“Saudi is spending more money, gathering more forces, rousing more mercenaries … and inciting more religious and sectarian violence,” Nasrallah said.
The current peace process over Syria stalled last month when the opposition suspended its participation. The decision came after the regime delegation refused to discuss a political transition.
Nasrallah said there is no hope for peace in Syria in the next few months.
Saudi Arabia and the Gulf countries designated Hezbollah as a terrorist group earlier this year.
The Russian defence ministry announced on Saturday that a truce in Aleppo and Latakia will be extended for three more days.
The Syrian Armed Forces announced a temporary truce in the areas surrounding Damascus and Latakia last Wednesday.
The deterioration of the humanitarian situation in Aleppo was widely condemned after a hospital supported by Doctors Without Borders was bombarded, killing at least 50 people.