The Moroccan Health Ministry on Wednesday announced 94 new cases of COVID-19, bringing the total number of confirmed cases in the country to 6,512.
The number of recovered cases rose by 140 to 3,131, Mohamed El Youbi, director of epidemiology at the Ministry of Health, said at his daily briefing.
El Youbi said that 188 deaths from COVID-19 were reported so far.
The official underlined the stability of the coronavirus mortality rate in Morocco, which stands at 2.9 percent, adding that the recovery rate rose to 48.1 percent.
On April 18, Morocco extended the state of medical emergency until May 20 in an intensified effort to stem the spread of the novel coronavirus.
A nationwide one-month night curfew was launched on April 25 in Morocco.
On Tuesday, a temporary field hospital started receiving the coronavirus patients in Casablanca, Morocco’s economic hub, to help deal with the growing number of infections in the city.
The temporary health facility, located on an area of 2,000 square meters at the International Fair of Casablanca, has a capacity of some 700 beds.
The facility it divided into four medical zones, totally isolated, each one with dedicated medical staff.
The field hospital hosts six intensive care units, a facility for biological analysis, along with several examination rooms and offices.