Daily News Egypt

Transport of Egypt’s petroleum products cost EGP 27.5bn in FY 2019/20 - Daily News Egypt

Advertising Area

Advertising Area

Transport of Egypt’s petroleum products cost EGP 27.5bn in FY 2019/20

59.1m metric tonnes of petroleum products transported, at cost of EGP 164 – EGP 485/tonne


The Central Agency for Public Mobilization and Statistics (CAPMAS) has announced that the total cost of transporting petroleum products amounted to EGP 27.5bn in fiscal year (FY) 2019/20.

CAPMAS also said that the total cost of transporting natural gas during the FY stood at EGP 2.4bn.

The agency clarified, in a report issued on Tuesday, that the total quantities of petroleum products transported reached 59.1m metric tonnes in FY 2019/20. This included petroleum products, raw materials, condensates, butane by petroleum pipelines.

These accounted for an average transportation cost of EGP 405, EGP 485, EGP 164, and EGP 402, respectively, compared to 55.5m tonnes in FY 2018/19, an increase of 6.5%.

The quantities of crude oil and petroleum products transported by chartered coastal tankers reached 7.8m tonnes in FY 2019/20, the agency added. The average transportation cost per tonne stood at EGP 133 compared to 5.9m metric tonnes in FY 2018/19, reflecting an increase of 32.2%.

The quantities transported of natural gas reached 61.2bn cbm for FY 2019/20, of which 59.3bn cbm, or 96.9%, were for the local market. The remaining 1.9bn cbm, or 3.1%, was allocated for export, with the average cost of transporting a cubic metre of EGP 0.04 for each compared to 63.8bn cbm in general.

CAPMAS explained that the total quantities transported by means of transportation of petroleum products in FY 2019/20 amounted to 150.5m metric tonnes compared to 149.8m metric tonnes in FY 2018/19, an increase of 0.4%.

It added that the total quantities of petroleum products transported by railway tanks amounted to 276,900 metric tonnes. The average transportation cost per tonne stood at EGP 74, compared to 282,500 metric tonnes, a decrease of 2%, which represents the least quantities transported.

According to CAPMAS, the quantities transported by trucks reached 19.2m metric tonnes in FY 2019/20, with an average transportation cost of EGP 54 compared to 27m metric tonnes in FY 2018/19, a decrease of 28.8%.

The quantities transported by the Sumed line reached 64.1m metric tonnes, representing the highest quantities transported, compared to 61.2m metric tonnes, reflecting an increase of 4.7%.

CAPMAS noted that the number of the main petroleum pipelines amounted to 83, with a total length of 5,900 km in FY 2019/20, compared to 80 lines with a total length of 5,800 km in FY 2018/19.

Advertising Area

https://dailyfeed.dailynewsegypt.com/2021/02/16/transport-of-egypts-petroleum-products-cost-egp-27-5bn-in-fy-2019-20/
Breaking News

No current breaking news

Receive our daily newsletter
Subscribe