Latest in Highlight
Ministry of Electricity announces prices for electricity generated from solar and wind energies in the framework of combating the energy deficit in the coming months
Italgen working on getting permits for second phase focusing on wind energy, CEO
Minister of Industry and Foreign Trade Mounir Fakhry Abdel Nour told the Daily News Egypt in an interview for the Euromoney supplement that the law offering preferential treatment to local products will be referred to the presidency in September for approval. The minister, who also discussed the industrial lands and factory issues, stressed that …
Sector growth remains despite rise in prices of cement, concrete and steel
Power plants currently receive 80% of Egypt’s natural gas production, equivalent to approximately 3.043bn cubic feet per day, currently the maximum supply rate, according to a report issued by the Ministry of Petroleum. Approximately 519.8m cubic feet of the remaining 20% of Egypt’s gas production is directed toward the industrial sector. The other 1.79bn cubic …
Daily reduction of 725m cubic feet of gas at factories; gas supply to EBIC, Alexandria Fertilizers, and Egyptian Fertilizers stopped
Company records 46% surge in gross profit year-on-year, report says
Company will link with local contractors and suppliers to equip factory for coal using capabilities
The government’s decision to cut natural gas subsidies to factories followed shortly after the reduction of petroleum subsidies on Saturday.
An official source from a cement company who requested anonymity anticipated cement prices to increase in the coming days due to higher production costs.
Real estate experts expect price jumps in properties, as government price rises for petroleum push up the cost of building materials
Company figures show that in 2013, production output was at approximately 4 million tonnes, versus 4.3 million tonnes produced the year before.
Daily production decline of 150m cubic feet of gas in Egypt, shortage of 11m metres of gas and equivalent for fuel needed for electricity
Subsidies to factories do not benefit the state or its citizens: EIPR
Investors welcome the move to reduce energy subsidies, but ask government to protect the poor from expected price jumps through social programmes
CEO says IPO primarily aims to allow exit of investors, and can in the future contribute to increase the company’s capital
Cement company says it is aiming to increase investments in order to double its production capacity
Sources at the Ministry of Environment say the cabinet has been pressuring Minister Laila Iskander to not attend the session
The company is still waiting for final approval from the Ministry of Environment to use the pollution-heavy fuel following a controversial cabinet decision to import coal
Reuters – Egypt’s Arabian Cement Company has set an indicative price range for its planned stock market listing at between EGP 8.45 and EGP 9.55 ($1.37), with trading to begin on or around 21 May, Chief Executive Jose Maria Magrina said on Monday. The deadline for buying orders will be on 8 May for private …
Tarek Shoukry believes the prices of the property units by around 25%.
Violations of environmental standards will be met with taxes and tight penalties, government says
Reuters – Suez Cement, Egypt’s biggest listed cement maker by market value, will pay a cash dividend of EGP 2.65 ($0.38) per share, it said in a statement published on the bourse on Tuesday. The company, which lists Italcementi Group as its main shareholder, said it would make the payment in two phases. One pound …
Ministry of Environmental Affairs will study the “mixture of energy sources’ used in Europe in cement production.
The new facility is expected to reduce CO2 emissions by 39,600 tons per year, Suez Cement asserts
Titan Cement Company vice president says reduction of gas caused 50% decrease in cement production
Titan Cement Company suggests coal as alternative energy source
Several construction companies register profit despite Egypt’s ailing economy
The new factory offers 1,200 job opportunities, with investments amounting to $360m and a production capacity up to 2 million tons annually
Such a programme would require that factory furnaces be converted in order to accommodate the waste, a process which would prove costly to companies.